Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Arriving At Lovina, Searching for Hotel

From the airport, we headed to Lovina, north of Bali. It is about 2 hours drive from Denpasar.
I spent the first night at Lovina before my tour to the coffee farm. I did not make any room reservation,
so I had to do some hotel hunting. The affordable room rates around this area is between IDR 350,000 
to IDR 500,000 per nitght. (USD 30 - USD 50 per night) The rates for the more expensive hotels can cost
up to USD 150 per night.


After 40 minutes of hunting, I decided to stay at Melka. Simply because I get to watch and play 
with the dolphins! Haha! The room I stayed in as Deluxe Room, the only available room within my budget
which costs me USD 60 per night! Compared to the other hotel located 10 minutes down the road (sorry i forgot the name, hehe...) which was situated next to the beach, with beach AND sea view. And it was
only USD 40. 

Chup! Wait... dont jump into any confusion yet. I paid more for the Melka Deluxe Room beacause I
wanted to save on the Dolphin activity cost. The picture below shows the compound of Melka Hotel. Not bad la the environment. The night I checked in, it was raining cats and dogs. Thundering all night from 9pm - after midnight, so sad... Ended up dating with my map of Bali on the bed. But it was good, I manage to pick
out some interesting activity and places to go. 


Compound of Melka Excelsior Hotel

Earlier I said I decided to pay USD 60 for the room in Melka. The reason was I wanted to pay lesser for 
the dolphin show and activities. If you are the in-house guest, you only pay IDR 400,000 to swin with the dolphin. If you walk in, then you need to pay IDR 600,000. 

Click on the picture to enlarge, you'll know what I mean when you read it.  ; D
The Price List if you want to watch and have fun with Johnny (the Dolphin)


No comments:

Post a Comment